For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.
Today, we are proud to be the #1 selling refrigerated dinner sides, including many varieties of mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and Oven Bake dinner sides.* We’re also a leading producer and distributor of over 60 varieties of sausage and bacon products, frozen handheld breakfast items, and other convenience foods.
Our success is built on the basics: high-quality, great-tasting, quick-to-table food, carefully made to meet the needs of today’s busy families. We do all the washing, peeling, seasoning and cooking, so you can enjoy extra mealtime with your family and spend less prep time in the kitchen.
* SOURCE: IRI Total US MULO Latest 52 W/E 3/25/18. IRI classifies Bob Evans side dishes, including mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese, as “refrigerated dinner sides.”
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe
Food Product Initiatives
- We are always reviewing environmentally friendly cartons, packaging materials, and master cases to increase the sustainability of the products (e.g., bio-degradable plastic, compostable packaging/trays, etc.).
- We are reducing packaging size and gauge where possible.
- Inedible organics are sold or donated for further use.
- Ammonia refrigeration compressor systems updated with variable speed drives reducing electric usage by 30%.
- High dispersion evaporative condenser spray nozzles improve ammonia condensation and lower electric usage.
- Direct-fired hot water heating systems drop natural gas usage 22%.
- Lighting systems updated with energy-efficient lights reducing electric usage by 30- 50%.
- Plant systems reuse rinse water.
- Special pallets are used to ship 80% of our products.
- Tractors use Alternative Power Units (APUs) to heat or cool trailers while stopped. These units are diesel-powered and use 80% less fuel than earlier units.
- Reduced tractor rear-end ratios 13% for improved fuel mileage.
- Fleet vehicles equipped with the Flex Fuel option.
Corporate Campus Initiatives
LEED Gold Facility – Key LEED Category Point Awards
- 20 – Energy and Atmosphere – Optimize Energy Performance, On-Site Renewable Energy
- 12 – Sustainable Sites – Low-Emitting/Fuel-Efficient Vehicles, Parking Capacity
- 11 – Indoor Environmental Quality – Daylight, Thermal Comfort, Increased Ventilation
- 8 – Water Efficiency – Water-Use Reduction, Water-Efficient Landscaping
- 6 – Innovation and Design Process – Energy Star Appliances, Green Cleaning
- 5 – Materials and Resources – Recycled Content, Regional Materials
- 4 – Regional Priority Credits
Waste Reduction and Reuse Programs
- Combined Recycling – Glass, Metal, Paper, Plastic
- Food Donations to Local Harvest Program
- Organic Waste Collection for Composting
Bob Evans Farms has always been committed to assuring the responsible care of animals that provide food products for our customers.
- Engage and work closely with three internationally respected animal well-being experts to serve on animal well-being advisory committee.
- Require all suppliers to submit their animal care and welfare policies to Bob Evans and their compliance with our animal care standards on an annual basis.
- Committed to providing 100 percent cage-free eggs by 2025.
- Work with internationally renowned expert on animal stockyards to ensure humane handling in our facilities.
Created by Bob Evans Farms, Inc. in 2016, “Our Farm Salutes” is committed to supporting America’s service members, veterans, and their families through volunteerism, strategic partnerships, grant opportunities, awareness, and donations.
The Heroes to CEOs program supports different veteran causes across the US. For the third year, Bob Evans launched the Heroes to CEOs contest. Entrepreneurial veterans applied for a business grant and one veteran won $30,000. Learn more about our 2017-2019 Heroes to CEOs contest winners below.
Bob Evans Farms is a company with a lot of heart. Our spirit of giving began long ago with our founder, Bob Evans. His generosity and passion for helping others set the foundation for the work we do today.
It’s this real and heartfelt connection between our employees and their communities that makes the difference – it’s why we refer to these programs collectively as BE│KIND.
Our giving is based on four community pillars: health and wellness, food and nutrition, education and community. And as a community and family focused company, we give to many causes that impact families with children and the communities where they live.
Bob Evans, the founder of our company, lived on the Bob Evans Farm in southeastern Ohio for nearly 20 years. He and his wife, Jewell, raised their six children in the large brick farmhouse known as the Homestead. Now on the National Register of Historic Places, the Homestead was where the Evans family opened The Sausage Shop in their front yard, which later became the first Bob Evans restaurant. The spirit of hospitality is deeply embedded in our company’s history.
Now that Bob Evans Farms product offerings have expanded, so has our network of farms around the country. By integrating wise farming techniques with the latest technology, this vertically integrated system allows us to better serve our customers by providing readily available, top-quality products. Our refrigerated storage allows us to monitor and maintain the freshness of our products so that every one that leaves our facility carries the finest flavor and texture that our customers have come to expect.