Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Bombs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
These mac and cheese bombs are well…the bomb! This app is perfect for your favorite sports team party or just a casual Friday night in.
- 1 pkg Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. Applewood Smoked Thick-cut Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Flour, dust counter
- 16 cubes Mozzarella Cheese, Cubed
- 16 cubes Mild Cheddar Cheese, Cubed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your countertop.
- Place 8 dinner rolls on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on defrost for about 2-4 minutes (or until doughis no longer frozen, but not cooked). Remove dough balls from the plate and place them on your floured countertop. Flip the dough balls in the flour so they are all lightly coated in flour. Repeat with the remaining 8dinner rolls.
- Flatten and stretch one piece of dough, on the floured board, like you are making a mini pizza. Stretch doughto about 3-4” across. You can use a rolling pin if you like. I love to use a small wooden dowel rolling pin it isperfect for the job.
- Place one scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon scoop) of mac and cheese in the center of your dough and use the back ofthe scoop to spread the mac and cheese out over the dough. Add 1 tablespoon of bacon pieces in the centerof the rolled dough. Use the back of the measuring spoon to spread the bacon over the mac and cheese.
- Place one cube of mozzarella and cube of cheddar on top of the bacon.
- Pull the top and bottom edges of the dough together and then the left and right edges. Continue pulling up theedges (pushing the filling back inside as needed) until you have closed the dough. Pinch the dough together tocreate a ball. If the ball won’t seal, tap your fingertips into the flour and then crimp the seal together.
- Place the dough balls on your baking sheet, a few inches apart, 8 to a sheet. Repeat until all Bacon Mac &Cheese Bombs are on the baking sheets.
- Beat egg and water, in a small bowl. Gently brush the egg wash onto dough balls.
- Bake 16-20 minutes, rotating the pans half-way through cook time until the tops are golden brown.
- The ooey-gooey cheese may escape some of your mac and cheese bombs. That is a beautiful thing! Scoopall that cheesy goodness up onto the plate and serve. Your guests will go crazy over them.
- Remove the bombs from the oven. Brush them with reserved bacon drippings and sprinkle with reservedbacon pieces and fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
The action values may vary due to portion size, preparation of product, additional condiments and substitution of ingredients.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.