Egg White Fortune Cookies
This egg white fortune cookie recipe is perfect for back to school lunches AND/OR just a fun way to end family dinner time or a dinner party with friends
- 4 Bob Evans® Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon room temperature water
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar if you must)
- pinch of fine sea salt
- Set oven to 350F.
- Write out your dad jokes on small pieces of paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Bob Evans Egg Whites with the rest of the wet ingredients until foamy.
- For best results, sift the flour and sugar over the bowl of wet ingredients and mix together until the batter forms, which should be similar in consistency to pancake batter. Note: If you don’t have a sifter, you can mix the dry ingredients together and then add them to the wet ingredients
- Take a large baking tray and line it with parchment paper or silpat.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the batter and place it on the baking tray, making a 3 – 4 inch circle. (For best results, only make two cookies per baking tray)
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until the edges of the cookie begin to brown in the oven. Once brown, remove from the oven and immediately take the cookie, flip it over and place the dad joke inside. Fold it like a taco and then bend it in half and place it in a muffin tin. Repeat. For best results, after making the cookies, place the muffin pan in the oven for an additional 4 – 6 minutes and then allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Crack them open and enjoy!
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.