Italian Meat Loaf Packets
This easy meatloaf recipe with classic Italian flavor just might become your new favorite. Lean beef and lentils are mixed with onion, oregano and Parmesan or Romano cheese, then topped with marinara. It’s baked in the oven or on the grill in a foil packet with potatoes. A very satisfying meal with easy clean up. What’s not to love?
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Bob Evans® egg whites
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Crystal Farms® shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) Simply Potatoes® Rosemary Garlicup
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Mix beef, lentils, onion, breadcrumbs, Bob Evans egg whites and ¼ cup marinara sauce, cheese and oregano until well blended. Shape into 6 mini loaves. Place 1 loaf on each foil sheet; top each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Place about ½ cup potatoes around each loaf.
- Bring up edges of foil, folding to seal and allowing enough space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Place packets on a large baking sheet; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature in center of loaves reaches 160°F and potatoes are tender.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.