Peanut Butter Potato Lollipops
Cook Time: 30 mins
This surprising dessert made with our Original Mashed Potatoes is a sweet and simple treat the whole family will love.
- 1 cup Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 oz. dark cocoa candy coating
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- Stir together the cold mashed potatoes, 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar, peanut butter and a pinch of salt. If needed, add more confectioners sugar, about a tablespoon at a time, until you can easily roll the candy into balls.
- Scoop out 16 heaping tablespoonfuls of the candy and roll into balls.
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave. Heat on high power for 45 seconds. Let sit in microwave for a minute or tow, then stir.
- Heat for 25 more seconds, let sit for a minute, then stir. If the wafers are not all melted, heat for 10 second increments, stirring after each until melted.
- Dip one end of each paper straw or lollipop stick into the melted candy coating before inserting it into a candy ball.
- Freeze the candy for 5 minutes until the candy coating hardens.
- Dip one peanut butter lollipop at a time until the candy coating hardens. Remove the candy from the coating, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts all over the candy.
- Set lollipops on a parchment paper or wax paper lined baking sheet. Freeze lollipops for 5-8 minutes until candy coating hardens.
- Allow the lollipops to come to room temperature before serving.
The action values may vary due to portion size, preparation of product, additional condiments and substitution of ingredients.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.