Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Zesty “Pigskins” with Tangy Slaw and Bourbon BBQ Sauce will take any game day to the next level!
- 1st down: SLAW
- 8 slices Bob Evans Thick Sliced Country Pepper Bacon (crisped and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. Kale/Chou Prepared Salad Mix (9 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2nd down: GLAZED ROLLS
- 1 dozen wheat dinner rolls
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark mustard (for smokiness)
- sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3rd down: PATTIES
- 1 lb. Bob Evans Zesty Hot Roll Sausage
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4th down - SAUCE
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1st down: SLAW - Mix all ingredients (except for the bacon) in a large mixing bowl. Let the mix marinade for 30 minutes.
- 1st down: SLAW - Before plating, add cooked peppered bacon. (TIME-SAVER TIP: Prepare the slaw the night before and store in the refrigerator)
- 2nd down: GLAZED ROLLS - Arrange rolls on a baking sheet.
- 2nd down: GLAZED ROLLS - (GLAZE—Optional): Melt butter, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and dark mustard in a small sauce pot until thoroughly combined. Brush this glaze over the rolls, and lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 2nd down: GLAZED ROLLS - Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- 3rd down: PATTIES - Thoroughly combine sausage, egg, and oats.
- 3rd down: PATTIES - Divide mixture into 12 rounded portions.
- 3rd down: PATTIES - Press down slightly to form patties about 1/4” thick.
- 3rd down: PATTIES - Grill each patty to desired temperature.
- 4th down: SAUCE - Reduce bourbon by (1/4) by simmering in a sauce pot for 5-10 minutes.
- 4th down: SAUCE - Add barbecue sauce and heat until the sauce returns to a simmer. Keep sauce warm until ready to brush patties.
- Slice each roll in half and top the bottom half with a layer of coleslaw, the patty, barbecue sauce, and the top half of the roll, as shown in the photo.
The action values may vary due to portion size, preparation of product, additional condiments and substitution of ingredients.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.