Crab Macaroni & Cheese
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Oozing with cheese and crunchy breadcrumbs, 30-minute Crab Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food for chilly winter days!
- 1 pkg Bob Evans Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dry Ground Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 lb. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese according to package directions.
- While mac and cheese cooks, place a small skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Cook shallots and garlic in butter for 3 to 5 minutes until softened and fragrant. Stir frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mac and cheese into a large mixing bowl. Add shallots, garlic, Parmesan cheese, ground mustard, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in 12 ounces of crab meat.
- Transfer the mac and cheese mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish. Spread into an even layer. Place reserved crabmeat on top of mac and cheese and spread it out over the pasta.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together Panko bread crumbs and melted butter until the bread crumbs are moistened. Sprinkle evenly over the mac and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until mac and cheese is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Carefully remove your casserole dish from the oven. Sprinkle fresh parsley (and more Parmesan if you like) over the top, and serve warm.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.