French Onion Simply Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
These flavorful diced potatoes make the perfect holiday side dish for every gathering on your calendar this season!
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes
- 2 Medium Sweet Yellow Onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp. Beef Broth Divided
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Crispy Fried French Onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees OR low broil.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, cover with a paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir, and return to microwave for another 5 minutes. Meanwhile, proceed with the onions.
- Melt butter in a large, oven-safe skillet, over medium-high heat. Add onions and 3 tablespoons of beef broth and saute 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally so the onions don't burn, for about 15 minutes longer until browned and very tender. Use tongs or a fork to transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Drizzle the pan with oil, add the potatoes, and stir over medium heat 5-8 minutes until warmed through and crisp on the outside. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return the onions to the pan. Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add beef broth and continue to cook, stirring throughout, until mixture comes to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return potatoes to the pan, stir to coat in the gravy. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and transfer skillet to preheated oven. Cook for 3-6 minutes until cheeses are melted and bubbly. (If broiling, watch carefully to be sure it doesn't burn) Allow to cool slightly. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and crispy french fried onions if desired.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.