Mashed Potato Rolls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Here’s a new twist on an old favorite. With the help of our Original mashed, these dinner rolls are soft, chewy and buttery!
- 1/2 cup Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes Single Serve
- 1 pkg. Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup Very Warm Water
- 1 3/4 cup Very Warm Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter, soft
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 6 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Flaked Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic + 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning, mixed
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add milk, butter, oil, sugar, egg, and Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes and mix well. Stir in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and just enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes). Place in a lightly greased bowl, turn over once to grease all of the dough surface. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 1-1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Divide in half and cover one half of the dough. Shape the other half into 16 equal-sized balls. Place dough balls on greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough, cover, and let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake rolls uncovered for 15-18 minutes until golden brown, brush with melted butter, and serve. *For Garlic Herb Rolls, stir minced garlic and Italian seasoning into the melted butter before brushing over the rolls.
Different products may contain allergens such as milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanuts tree nuts, fish and shellfish. If you are sensitive to allergens, always check the labels before use.